Printer ejects blank pages randomly

AJ Beer 19:12 10 Aug 03

I have a HP815c printer running with my comp on win XP pro. I had to reinstall everything recently when I put a new motherboard and processor in the comp. Now when I boot up, and occasionally as I am working on the comp, the printer whirs and prints a page (blank) without a request to print! I don't understand it. Can anyone help? I am getting fed up putting pages back into the feed tray.

wee eddie 22:34 10 Aug 03

that you use mains power to turn it off and leave it turned on and therefor that it is turned on before you boot the PC.

Try turning it off

wee eddie 21:47 26 Aug 03

It may be necessary to download updated Drivers for Windows XP Pro.

Then there's this turning On/Off thing.

If my printer is turned on (or accidentally left on) before the PC is turned on. My printer seems to think that Windows Printing software is telling it to print a blank page.

Now I have to ensure that the printer is turned off for the duration of the PC's boot process.

Bodi 23:59 26 Aug 03

If it was left switched on and the computer was booted, it would eject a blank piece of paper or maybe two.

Since reinstalling the printer and running XP is has settled down.

Bodi

spuds 00:45 27 Aug 03

Had similar problem. Try un-installing, then re-installing latest drivers.Solved my problem.

Mango Grummit 00:55 27 Aug 03

Yup, nearly always this sort of problem is due to corrupted driver.

AJ Beer 06:45 27 Aug 03

Thanks every one. I turned it all off and unplugged. I booted up half an hour ago and the printer seems to be quite content here and not spitting paper! Brilliant!

graham√ 08:39 27 Aug 03

In Printer Properties, Maintainence, you should have an Auto Power button. You can set auto on and auto off time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…