Printer Drivers in XP

Seadog 23:51 10 Sep 03

Just "upgraded" to Xp from 98, clean install etc., but having major problems with my HP 640c (don't laugh - it suits my needs perfectly!)
If I load the drivers that came with the printer it prints about one inch down the page then stops with the fault light flashing. If I load the drivers from the HP website (updated for XP) I get about half a page before the printer stops.
If I use the drivers that come with XP I can get a page and a half before it stops responding.
I don't usually need to print more than one page - mainly single page letters or one page photographs - but would like the option!

Any help/advice would be welcome TVM

User-312386 23:59 10 Sep 03

click here for the driver for your printer for xp

62nds 00:03 11 Sep 03

It sounds like a communications fault, not a driver fault. How is it connected to your PC - parallel or USB?

Seadog 00:06 11 Sep 03

Thanks, but thats the driver I'm using, for more info, if I do the "check for update" check it tells me I am using the latest driver BUT it says I am connected via a parallel port when I am using USB!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…