Printer drivers

john-232317 08:16 07 Nov 03

Can somebody enlighten me on this please.

If the driver is installed the printer runs.

If the driver is not installed then it wont run fullstop, or would it partially run ?

I have run an online check on HP site that says the correct driver is installed and ok.

I can print A4 photos no problem, But when i try to print an album page, ie two smaller pics on a page, it tells me its printing but just hangs, no error message.

Its not HP print software, cos i downloaded arcsoft multiprint software, with the same result.

After emailing HP twice, and amongst other things they say the problem is drivers, one telling me to put an older driver in and one telling me to put the same driver in.

But why does the printer work now exept for multiprints ?

Win 98, AMD K6 400, 576mb mem.

Could this have anything to do with it ?

click here

MichelleC 09:54 07 Nov 03

You can get idiocynracies in printing with a corrupt driver, and not just 'will/won't' work. Try clean uninstall via add/remove, then use 'find' to look for any residue files and delete, reboot, and reinstall.

Another way to revert hardware to factory settings is to leave printer on and pull out power plug.

john-232317 17:17 07 Nov 03

Thanks for the response,sorry i have not replied sooner but i have been working.

When i tried to put the software in, it refused to load, saying my chip was a class 5 and it needed a class 6 ?

I had to take my printer and pc back to the shop and the guy copied the files off of the cd onto the harddrive to get the software loaded.

If i uninstall, how do i copy the files back like he did ? I cant go through the hassle of taking it back to the shop again. I am in Spain, and trying to get it done in a shop is a nightmare.A bit of the manana syndrome...;-)

john-232317 19:55 07 Nov 03

mikef. 20:49 07 Nov 03

For your hp drivers you can download them from click here

john-232317 20:55 07 Nov 03

All ready done online test, said i have right drivers etc.

MichelleC 08:52 08 Nov 03

I must admit I've never heard of this prob before. You can try updating your chip driver, which is what I did on upping to w2k to fix some driver probs. (But take usual precautions.)

Are you sure HP driver is the most up to date?

john-232317 09:06 08 Nov 03

Sure driver is working, on HP site you switch printer on, and they do an online check no drivers etc, came back no problems and latest driver.

As its partially working, it prints out a fold up card with three photos on in Publisher ?? which i need for my daughters wedding invites, so i will leave it till ive printed those out, then have a go downloading the driver again from the site.

Thanks for your help, i will let you know the results.

john-232317 09:08 08 Nov 03

Sorry should be on drivers not no drivers...;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…