Printer Driver Error Canon IP4200

chris05 12:44 31 Jan 08

Really driving me up the wall this one! Trying to get my IP4200 installed after a format before the format it worked fine, when trying to install it the normal way through the cd or through clicking set-up (in a downloaded driver from canon) it gets to 60% and then says
"AddPrinterDriver Error"

"The process cannot access the file because it is been used by another process"

if I try and do it all manually either through device man or add new printer I get the driver on and just as it is finished I get "error files in use by another process" again.

Tried disabling anything that looked remotely suspect in task manager, tried starting and stopping print spool service, can't do anything in safe mode as print spool service won't run in safe. Any ideas greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Chris

Technotiger 12:48 31 Jan 08

Un-install any printer drivers you have, then run click here, this should get rid of any left-overs. Then install the drivers again.

chris05 13:20 31 Jan 08

Already have ccleaner which I run on a regular basis also have tune-up utils 2008, one thing i did not do is give my specs just in case someone spots something that could cause a problem here they are

Os

Xp Pro Sp2 fully updated

Security

Antivirus - Comodo
Firewall - Norton Personal firewall 2005 (but all updates installed)
Spyware - Adaware free edition

Specs

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600
4Gb Pc-800 Ram
Asus P5K Board
8600GT GFX Card
SATA DVD RW - LG
Seagate Barracuda ES 400 GB (ST3400620NS) C drive
plus 2 IDE 300Gb Maxtor and 200Gb Samsung

chris05 13:45 31 Jan 08

Forgot also use Spybot S&D!

Michael_R 16:13 05 Feb 08

I found this on a search, I don't know if it will help but it looked usefull.
click here
One suggestion is that you install the printer drivers with the printer cable disconnected.

Press Man 16:17 05 Feb 08

You may have already tried this but, turn off Antivirus and Firewall and anything else running in the system tray(bottom right corner).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now