Printer driver

Jackie1 04:33 17 Oct 04

Hi

Can anyone help me?

I've bought a new pc with XP home installed. I've tried to load our old printer on which is a Epson Stylus 480. A error message keeps coming up when trying to print saying check conection cables which are fine?

Any ideas would be great?????

Babydoll123 07:11 17 Oct 04

What U need to do is uninstall the old driver & install the new one from the original disk.No disk, no problem... go to click here and download from there.The setting up is simple.One point though is NEVER plug or unplug any device while PC is 'ON'.Good luck.

Jackie1 07:22 17 Oct 04

HI

The disk & printer aren't XP compatible as they are for my old PC.

I've tried downloading driver from epson site but still comes back with error?

Just tried your link but it's the same one i've tried before?

spuds 11:46 17 Oct 04

Sometimes this is a problem with XP and older type devices.

I would make a few suggestions. [1]Try the XP hardware wizard.[2]Try installing the drivers first, then the printer. Sometimes trying the process in reverse can cause problems.[3] Make sure that the installation attempt is a clean install. All evidence of previous attempts are uninstalled.

And finally, consider a new replacement printer that is fully compatible with XP. The cost of printers are very reasonable, it is the replacement cartridges that are expensive. I purchased a new Dell [Lexmark] printer last week,via a post in the forum all for £9.99.

Babydoll123 11:52 17 Oct 04

Hi again,Lets take it a step at a time for the important bits...I know that this works. 1/turn off PC. 2/unplug printer. 3/boot up PC. 4/Uninstall printer(S) ESPECIALLY the DRIVER. 5/Go to Epson site like before,check that ALL info is correct,double check,& download file to 'DESKTOP' note the name. 6/Shut down PC.
7/Plug in printer. 8/Windows should say 'found new hardware'...checking for software.When you get the choice auto or manual, choose manual.Tick I'll find it myself,& click on little arror & highlight desktop,(or just enter it for simplicity).Hit ENTER & all should be well.Restart PC & away U go. If no luck let me know if printer is making any efort at all,even a noise to get going.AAsk yourself, is printer working properly?(sounds like it is,but you can get details of how to check this from Epson site,without connection to PC. All in all it sure seems to me that it's a software problem(if printer not making any sound). Anyway to finish,make sure that windows is pointing to desktop when looking for software,as that is where u will have put it. I know that this printer is compatable with XP.Bye 4 now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…