//some 3rd party need geo

Printer Cutting Off Writing On Right Side of Paper

Cybercrow 12:08 22 Nov 03

When i print something off the internet, my printer cuts off the right side of the internet page!

How can i stop this?

Thanks!

VoG II 12:14 22 Nov 03

In Internet Explorer, File/Page setup and set the Orientation to Landscape.

Cooter 13:36 22 Nov 03

i asked about the same problem last week and got the same answer but changing the setting to landscape did not solve my problem, has it solved yours and is your printer an hp?

Cybercrow 14:07 22 Nov 03

I changed the orientation to landscape, which worked fine, but i would like to print in portrait.

Yes! My printer is a HP (Photosmart 7660).
It will not print anything i have scanned.
(I have to save the image to my PC first!!).

I never had either of these problems with my Lexmark!

How about changing the Margins settings in set-up?

Djohn 14:53 22 Nov 03

This is a problem that often happens when printing a web page, and the solution is different depending on the make of printer you are using. This is not a printer fault though, more down to the way a web page is optimised to fit the screen of your monitor.

Those with a Canon Printer are more fortunate in the fact that Canon printers automatically place their own print Icon on the toolbar of IE. this print option will scale the page to fit the printed output so that all the text on the right will print as seen on the screen. Below is an extract from the Canon printer help file. j.

When printing from Microsoft Internet Explorer, the printed result is often a web page that is cropped on the right-hand side. Easy-WebPrint solves this problem for web pages by automatically scaling the printout to fit the width of the paper.

Easy-WebPrint does not disable Internet Explorer's print utility. Therefore you can still print via Internet Explorer if you prefer

Rayuk 16:14 22 Nov 03

Set your margins to 1mm may help.

Cybercrow 16:48 22 Nov 03

Thanks! I've altered my margins to 1mm.
Maybe that will solve my problem.

Pesala 17:39 22 Nov 03

Just scale the page down in the print options dialogue until it fits the paper. Use Print Preview to see if it fits.

Cybercrow 13:32 24 Nov 03

The altering my margins to 1mm seems to have done the trick!
(My printer is still spewing out a blank sheet of paper after i've printed though!! - Aagh!).

Thank's for all your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…