Printer copied

Malapoa1 17:35 12 Jan 11

When I go to "Control Panel - "Printers" I find that I have three. Two being copies of the one connected to the PC. On the dialogue box when opening up the printer one is presented with a choice of the three. The main printer programme has been set as the default printer but,on occasions, particularly when printing from a website, one of the "copies" is highlighted. Although this is not a great problem my wife does not seem to able to cope with it and yells "The printer won't work AGAIN!"
I have tried to delete the copies in "Control Panel - Printers" but when I click "Yes I really do want to delete it" nothing happens.

Any ideas please

GaT7 17:52 12 Jan 11

You don't mention which OS, but if you can login as the Administrator (&/or take ownership of the unneeded icons like click here), you should then be able to get rid of them by right-clicking & deleting them. G

GaT7 17:59 12 Jan 11

Also try...

Go to Start > Run > type services.msc > OK.

Scroll down to the Print Spooler entry > double-click it > click on Stop > OK.

Now try deleting the unwanted instances of the printer. G

Malapoa1 18:58 12 Jan 11

For my sins I use Vista. As a side issue I can do most things from my section of the computer but I have forgotten the Password for me to be able to do anything from my wife's section. Do you know hoe I can find out what it was? I have tried all the things that I used four years ago when I set it up but none of them seem to be correct.

robin_x 19:49 12 Jan 11

Try here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…