Printer conflict

Tiree 18:46 07 Apr 06

Can someone please help stop me from going mad!

I'm trying to run an Epson Photostylus 1290 and an HP Laserjet 1010 on the same computer (with Windows XP) but try as I might I cannot get the 1290 to print more than one document. After one doc the program (no matter which one I use) freezes and refuses to print a second doc. The only way I can find round it is to close down the program using Task Manager and then restart my computer from scratch, go back into the program I want, print one doc then freeze etc etc. A total bore!

I tried a number of things without success. I've uninstalled both progs and re-installed them; downloaded drivers form the manufacturers' web sites; down loaded drivers from Microsoft. I've tried various plug arrangements (USB) - currently both are direct into the computer and not via a hub. I've tried the Epson on LPT1 and this works to some degree but is hopelessly slow with photo prints and frequently doesn't complete printing and ejects. (the HP doesn't have this option). I've tried setting up an alternative file for spooling. None of these work.

Can anyone help me here? I'd be eternally grateful for a solution.

Tiree

Curio 19:36 07 Apr 06

Have you tried disconnecting one of the printers from the PC and making The one still connected the Default printer? I run two printers but never have both connected at the same time. One is an HP Inkjet, the other a Dye Sublimation type.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac