Printer confict with Camera

mikebosy 18:44 01 Jan 04

Hi
I have purchased new Kodak easy share camera, model DX4530 and new HP printer, model 5650.

If I have the camera software installed and attempt to use the printer, the printer doesn`t work. If I then uninstall the camera software the printer will work. If I reinstall the camera software the printer will “sometimes” work until I switch computer off, when I switch computer back on again printer wont work until I uninstall camera software.
Can someone help me please?
Mike

961 19:08 01 Jan 04

I take it both connect to the pc via USB. Does the printer have a parallel connection and if so does this solve the problem

Looking via the control panel at the device manager for hardware are there any conflicts (Yellow triangles) marked?

minter 21:49 01 Jan 04

Have both printer and camera got drivers installed.

As 961 says I take it you are using USB connections, and if so you will need drivers for your printer as well as your camera.

If you have done this why not try loading them the other way round. Camera 1st, then printer 2nd and if that doesn't work uninstall both and load printer 1st and then camera.

The thing is that in your post you never mentioned drivers for your printer, and if they are not installed that could be your problem.

mikebosy 07:46 04 Jan 04

Hi
Thanks for advice, I found that I needed to update the printer driver and so went into HP web site to download the latest. Pleased to say all is OK now. Thanks very much for advice
Mikebosy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…