printer communication problem

Nightryder 18:35 20 Jul 05

My hp psc 2175 has suddenly stopped responding,
it will not print from the pc. in the print queue
it shows as printng but nothing happens, when I try to delete the print job it will not delete no matter what I do. I have uninstalled & reinstalled all the software (I have the latest drivers) nothing works. As a stand alone printer it works normally, can anyone help??

howard60 19:22 20 Jul 05

uninstall then switch off and remove printer. Switch on and check no printer shown. Switch off and connect printer again restart and with luck it will be found and properly installed. If connection is by usb try a different usb port.

Nightryder 19:31 20 Jul 05

Thanks Howard60 but thats the way I did it,exactly how instructed in the printer manual.

howard60 19:53 20 Jul 05

if you have ME or XP you could try system restore to go back to before the problem occured.

DieSse 19:59 20 Jul 05

Try a new USB cable

Check in Device Manager that the USB ports show without and problem symdols on them

Try with a different USB port

Nightryder 20:09 21 Jul 05

I have tried using another usb port & a new cable still the same, In device manager there are no problems except the printer is in the list 4 times, how do I know which is the right one??when I look at the ports list I have a virtual port?? which is the right Port ?? in my computer I now have another drive which is the printer(this is getting realy weird)I tried system restore but my pc hung up on shut down(now ive got another problem)any more Ideas???

Strawballs 21:05 21 Jul 05

try uninstalling all four printers in device manager and reinstalling

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…