Printer colour matches

flower2pot 12:01 28 May 04

I have winxp home and hp deskjet 3325.Problems. Colours on printing pics are pink/purple.Tried uninstalls,another port(usb)and two more borrowed printers and still have the pink/purples.I got the blues now. Can anyone help please.? jenny halliwell.

woodchip 12:23 28 May 04

Don't know if you have the same options as I have but try this..... When you click print in your Photo edit program choose properties for your printer and look in there for Advanced settings, if there are any, look for colour sliders that allow you to change these and reduce the red or increase the other two colours until you get a colour print out that is near to the exact colour you have on screen you should be able to save these settings with a name that you remember also set the Printer Resolution before you save, it's then a easy matter to select this colour profile next time in advanced settings.

Djohn 14:41 28 May 04

As woodchip says plus a good idea is to make sure your monitor is calibrated correctly to show as true a colour as possible.Now try a print and adjust your printer settings as woodchip advises until the prints match your screen.

Once your happy with your settings then run off a test print using several colours then scan them back into your PC and print from the scan. Adjust the scanner settings to match the screen/printer and all should be well.

This make take some time to do but will be well worth a good afternoons tinkering when you see the results. All settings in the monitor/printer.scanner can be saved as a user profile and will then give good consistent results. j.

jon2 14:44 28 May 04

Digital images are not as good as photographs so there is a certain amount of correction to be done I would recomend a book from your local libary, any of the books like photohsop or paintshop pro will give you some good pointer's, have a good time.

stlucia 15:35 28 May 04

If it's a severe case of pink/purple cast, has the yellow ink run out? Have you cleaned the print-heads?

If it's just a slight pink/purple tint, follow the suggestions above.

€dstowe 16:30 28 May 04

Are you using cheap (compatible/refill) ink?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…