Printer cleaning cartridges.???

Meshuga 15:20 21 Nov 04

Does anyone know of any ink cartridge suppliers who stock cleaning cartridges for the Epson Stylus C62 printer. I require one to clean the colour function. I`ve tried various online advertisers but nobody mentions them and PCworld don`t sell them and Currys have never heard of them and yet I have heard them suggested on these forums. Meshuga.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:26 21 Nov 04
  Meshuga 15:38 21 Nov 04

Have checked your click here but my c62 is not listed and that means getting their cleaning kit and manually applying it, which is what I want to avoid. Thank for your help. Meshuga.

Drifter 15:40 21 Nov 04

Try
click here
I had cleaning carts for my epson 860 from them. the other way is to buy a 500ml bottle of isopropyl alcohol from a chemist, and fill some empty ink carts with it. This dissolves the dry ink, and is exactly what u get in cleaner carts. I've used it loads. Great for getting all the goo off the printhead, which causes streaks down the paper, cleaning print heads prior to storing printers, and ink off printers generally.
Cheers, Adrian

AubreyS 15:41 21 Nov 04

Any good? click here

Drifter 15:43 21 Nov 04

P.S. you may have to ring them(0800 093 9040), as I can't see the cleaner carts listed.
Adrian

Drifter 15:46 21 Nov 04

Just had a look at the prices for cleaning carts, 500ml of fluid cost me £5.99, I would go for this first, you can do many refills for a quarter of the price.
Adrian

Bellboy 15:51 21 Nov 04

Clean the Print head, as follows.
Fold a old linen or paper handkie.
Place it on flat surface.
Trickle boiling water on.
Hold cartridge print head against for several seconds.
This softens old ink and draws fresh ink through.

Meshuga 15:55 21 Nov 04

Many thanks for your response. Will get a bottle of the alcohol and try it in an old cart and also get a cart as per AubreyS. Money no object. Regards to both. Meshuga.

AubreyS 16:05 21 Nov 04

You're welcome Meshuga... I wish you well to clean it. ;)

Meshuga 16:13 21 Nov 04

Many thanks to all.Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…