Printer chucks out blank pages periodically

VestanPance 09:32 26 May 03

Printer is HP Deskjet 815C. I am using HP driver. Printer is on LPT1. Every so often it chucks out a blank page. Generally it does this soon after booting, and every now and again afterwards. I've not timed hoe long the gaps are, but I'd guess an hour or more each time. It's not a big deal, but why does it do it?

Wak 14:43 26 May 03

Do you mean it just sends out one sheet of paper even though you haven't selected "PRINT"???
If it does, I can't help with the problem but would suggest that you simply remove the supply of paper until it gets sorted out.
Have you tried re-installing the driver??

vinnyT 15:33 26 May 03

Are all the connections firmly plugged into their ports, power, data, etc it could be that 1 or the other is jiggling about and causing the symptoms you describe.

Granger 16:13 26 May 03

I had this with a HP 960c and it was the driver. Uninstall the lot and reinstall the driver. Check for updated drivers click here

Granger 16:23 26 May 03

And if you're using HP paper, don't, its sticky! If you are using HP Bright White paper, change this first.

VestanPance 21:48 26 May 03

-vinnyT- Double checked all those, still same.
-Granger- Checked your link, just points to Win XP as having the driver, no download. Will uninstall and reinstall to see if that resolves it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…