printer choice

Newuser4495 21:16 18 Sep 06

My sister-in-law only does occasional printing, perhaps 2 to 4 pages per month. Which printers would be best for this to avoid problems with printer heads drying and clogging.

Jak_1 21:20 18 Sep 06

All ink/bubblejet printers should be run at least once a week to prevent clogging etc. As she only uses for occasional printing then its not worth getting a laser printer.

Newuser4495 21:51 18 Sep 06

Yes I understand that but - for example is it better to use a printer where the print head is not built into the cartridge, so that if it does clog there is no need to replace with an expensive one, I have been told that HPs are less inclined to clog, is this so?

DieSse 21:59 18 Sep 06

Yes HP printers are much less prone to clogging, and it's not a disaster if they do (for those with heads built-in to the cartridge).

Also you can run an HP printer in draft mode quite successfully (faster - uses less ink), I've never seen that on an Epson.

I've no experience of Canon ptinters though.

She might find it simpler to use a friends printer, or an Internet cafe though, for that few pages.

terryf 01:33 19 Sep 06

Or email the pages to you so that you can print and snail mail back!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced