printer cartridge

qwesaws 08:37 18 Feb 08

how can I find out how much ink is left in my printer cartridges,I have windows vista os
thaks

PalaeoBill 08:48 18 Feb 08

It depends upon the printer and even those that can are not all that accurate. What is the make and model?

Easiest was is to take the cartridge out and weigh it on kitchen scales that are accurate the the gram. If you know what a full one weighs you can work the rest out.

Technotiger 08:50 18 Feb 08

Your printer software should include a Status Monitor which indicates the amount of remaining ink - at least it does with Epson printers.

Might help if you say what printer you have!

Technotiger 08:52 18 Feb 08

Removing a non-empty cartridge from an Epson printer can and probably will, lead to severe problems.

PalaeoBill 09:03 18 Feb 08

My apologies to qwesaws for giving bad advice.
I live and learn.
Defense: I don't have an Espon. The cartridges from my Canon are out more than they are in and I have refilled them half a dozen times.

What severe problems are likely?

Technotiger 09:21 18 Feb 08

Hi, I have never owned any printer other than Epson. It was a while ago now, but I did remove a non-empty cartridge in my novice days, I was a bit too eager to replace old ones with shiny new cartridges. For a start, and not really knowing what I was doing, I had to virtually force the cartridge carrier to a position where I could open it to get at the cartridges - big mistake, the printer never worked properly at all after that, just would not accept the new cartridges etc etc, in the end I dumped it and bought a new printer.

I guess other makes allow cartridge removal.

Your Defense is accepted ... LoL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac