Printer Canon Pixma ip4950 reliability

Terry Brown 20:50 PM 17 Nov 12
Answered

Has anyone used this printer, and how is for running costs, and Reliability?

Thanks Terry

Number six 22:45 PM 17 Nov 12
Answer

Hi Terry,

I bought this printer a few months ago after reading a few reviews which rated it as one of the best inkjets currently on the market.

The machine feels fairly solid and well built, have had no problems with it thus far. Print quality of photos and B/W text on plain paper are very good. My only gripe really is with the ridiculous amount of time it seems to spend on it's head cleaning cycle, and the number of times this is performed. There is no way to disable or reduce this. It occurs on every start-up, and every couple of minutes while working heavily, although the frequency seems to lessen as the level in the ink tanks decreases. I get the impression a large quantity of ink is wasted in this way.

So, a very good machine, excellent photo prints, but wasteful on ink. A problem inherent with most Canon printers, I believe.

Terry Brown 09:41 AM 18 Nov 12

Thank you Number 6 (remember the program?).

There was no mention of the head cleaning cycle, which as you say wastes a lot of ink, I think I will look again at other options.

Terry

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…