//some 3rd party need geo

Printer buying advice

Sparky3327 17:18 26 Mar 03

I'm thinking about getting a 3in1 Lexmark printer. Are they all they're cracked up to be?
It seems like a bargain but I want to be sure.
Cheers,
Grezza

Rtus 19:56 26 Mar 03

couple of review sites as we dont know which model your looking for..

click here
click here

PA28 20:56 26 Mar 03

I've got the X83. Excellent results and very convenient if you want a photocopier as well (which works standalone). Have a look at the competition though, particularly if you're into printing photos as I think they might do better.

One big warning with these Lexmark printers - you'll pay the price in ink consumption. They drink it and Lexmark cartridges are expensive with a capital E. Although they can be purchased cheaper (I get mine through our stationery supplier) I'm paying about £70 a set of "high capacity" (which don't seem to be!) at the moment. Such is the price of convenience. For that reason alone, I'm afraid that my next choice is unlikely to be Lexmark.

Rtus 21:29 26 Mar 03

PA28's note is something that needs to be considered carefully. I recently installed a Canon MPC200 Multi function unit- Nice and friendly software and quick setup .but and its a big but the cartridges for this unit were miniscule.albiet fairly cheap Below £12. But I dread to think how many pages it will print before shouting Out of ink..And you have to be a contortionist to replace them. I must admit Im an epson printer user.Cartidge costs £50 set of 4 Original..Lower for compatable,But I found they dont give as many printed sheets.

woodchip 21:42 26 Mar 03

It's not the cost of buying, it's the Running cost that's expensive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…