Printer Auto Start

Barrie_G 16:58 20 Jan 07

Before upgrading my PC (pretty much the only original part is the case) I used to be able to click on the print icon in word and my printer (HP 840c) would turn itself on and start printing, I've looked at all the print settings I can find and can see no way of enabling this, but due to the awkward way that I've got everything arranged it's a feature that I'd like to re-enable, I'm using office XP and the OS is also XP.

Though I'm pretty sure that it's going to be something in the bios that needs to be enabled any pointers in the general direction would be much appreciated.

howard64 19:23 20 Jan 07

look in printer preferences. Did you used to be on win98/me if so the print driver which does not work with xp had different functions to those in the winxp drivers. If this is the case look on the hp site for a driver for xp or win2000.

Barrie_G 19:37 20 Jan 07

Got it :) it's in printer & faxes / printer properties / advanced then just select "print directly to the printer" sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video