printed pages counter

Boluwd 13:25 10 Feb 07

My colour cartridge on the HP Deskjet 930c has run out of ink again! I record the date each time a new cartridge is installed, (the last one managed 5 months). However, my default setting on the printer is draft mode,greyscale black only.
Does anyone know of a freebie software that will log the number of sheets printed and if possible which ink mode was used. Most will probably think that 5 months is good going but I rarely print in colour.
Does the fact that I use black only mean that the colour ink is drying up? The ink is genuine HP product not refills.

Thanks.

brundle 13:47 10 Feb 07

I've never used such a program but perhaps on of these print loggers might do the job; click here

p;3 14:17 10 Feb 07

I use an hp deskjet 840 and seldom use the colour cartrige; I suggest that if it is seldom used it could be prone to dry up;

Arnie 14:27 10 Feb 07

I always thought that upon switch-on, a deskjet printer will cause the cartridges to move back and forth a few times on the ink cleaning/parking platform.

This should in itself keep the nozzles from drying up.
There could still be ink in the cartridge.
If you are worried, why not carry out a nozzle check every so often?

Boluwd 19:45 12 Feb 07

Thank you all for the responses. I bought a new double pack (£48.99!!!!!!) for both colour and black ink at the local PC World. Perhaps I should "smarten up" and buy refills, after all the printer must be around 6 to 7 years old by now.

brundle: thanks for the link, I downloaded the free version but it seems to produce a windows error message as it tries to update itself. I've downloaded a different one from click here
which seems to work and will fit the bill.
I entered "print counter" in Google instead of print logger......Doh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now