Printable CD/R's

ptrafc 22:45 31 Mar 04

I've just tried to print onto what I thought were printable CD/R's. They're plain white discs which I bought in a spindle of 100. They do look a bit glossy, and the ink just turned into tiny blobs of ink which didn't dry and washed completely off under the tap.
Now I'm assuming they're not printables, and I should be looking for a disk with a matt surface for printing on. Is this correct?
Does anyone know the cheapest (without sacrificing quality) place to buy them?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:50 31 Mar 04

I always use Cd labels print my design on to them and recover the cd i find it easier.

Diodorus Siculus 22:52 31 Mar 04

Depends on what you are printing with. Is it special CD printable ink?

ptrafc 23:03 31 Mar 04

I've just bought an Epson Photo R300 today, you don't need any special ink, and one of its features is to print directly onto printable CD/R's.
I bought it so that I didn't have to mess about with CD labels, but I'm not having any luck with these disks I have with the shint white surface.

woodchip 23:13 31 Mar 04
  grumpano 23:14 31 Mar 04

The same happend to me last night using my canon i865 and a shiny white disc.. You could try here

jakimo 00:32 01 Apr 04

Sample packs of inkjet printable discs........ click here

The Taiyo Yuden are very good!

jakimo 00:46 01 Apr 04

As inkjet ink is not waterproof you may want to use a cd spray on your discs,they also have a selection of printable here

esbe 11:58 01 Apr 04

Hi, try Verbatim DataLifePlus 700mb Cdr with 'Super AZO technology' whatever that is.They have a printable surface.

edstowe 13:19 01 Apr 04

There are two types of user-printable disks and to match two printing methods - ink jet or thermal transfer.

Most likely the ones that won't accept ink jet printing are designed for the thermal transfer method.

I believe the ink jet types are, however, printable by thermal methods.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…