The Print Spooler is not working

wedfan 09:23 AM 12 Mar 12

Hi, can someone please help me?

Here at work and suddenly electricity goes on and off about 5 times in an hour. Now my printer is not working. I have an Olivetti MF25plus.

When you go to control panel etc, my printer has disappeared completely and it says: operation could not be completed, the print spooler is not working

Anybody any ideas on what I should do?

birdface 10:00 AM 12 Mar 12

You could try services and switch print spooler to automatic and make sure it has started{ top left.} See if that helps if not set it back to it's original setting.

rawprawn 10:01 AM 12 Mar 12
  Woolwell 11:05 AM 12 Mar 12

I think that there may be a bit more to it that the print spooler. This is a colour photocopier/printer and I guess networked. The power cuts could have created several problems. Is the printer showing that is working and does it copy as a standalone? Does it connect through a router/print server and is that ok?

If the printer is missing from control panel then you may have to try reinstalling it.

Another thought is a system restore to before the snag began.

Woolwell 11:06 AM 12 Mar 12

Got interrupted - Should also have asked if the printer is missing then what did you select to print to?

Mack1 19:03 PM 12 Mar 12

When I had a similar problem this is what I did. Hold down Windows logo + R key Enter services.msc > OK Scroll down to Print Spooler and make Status started and Startup Type automatic Hope it works for you.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

New Apple TV 2015 release date rumours: Apple TV 'launching in September' plus patent filed for…