Print size very small

Meshuga 21:39 05 Mar 04

I have a new PC and,compared to my other PC the print size on web pages and dialogue boxes is very small. I am not referring to text which I type which I can adjust.Is there any way of increasing the size of this print please.I use XP home on both PCs. Many thanks, Meshuga.

Djohn 22:05 05 Mar 04

Hi Meshuga. In IE6 go to the toolbar and click on "View" then scroll down to text size and alter from there. j.

Pesala 22:48 05 Mar 04

The trouble is, with Internet Explorer, you cannot enlarge the font on some websites like this one. Using largest print makes no difference. Modern laptops use a high resolution but many websites were designed for display on 800 x 600 15" monitors.

Try changing your browser: click here to download a free ad-sponsored version of Opera. You can then zoom in to make the text and graphics larger on your display. I use 150% on this forum, but find that 120% is usually enough elsewhere: click here I use 1024 x 768 resolution on a 17" CRT monitor.

SEASHANTY 22:55 05 Mar 04

.....also if you use the free and also ad free Mozilla browser you can increase the text size up to
300 percent - not that you would probably want to go that far.

Djohn 23:09 05 Mar 04

You are of course right Pesala. I am using a 17" TFT at 1280x1024 and although I can adjust the size of text on many websites such as the BBC one. This forum and others the text is extremely small non adjustable and at times difficult to read.

Using Opera does help as even at 120% zoom the text seems to be twice the size and is more comfortable on my tired old eyes. :o(

Meshuga 04:45 06 Mar 04

Many thanks to all who responded. Will try these suggestions. Regards, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5