Print Screen Resolution

Desert Andy 16:48 25 Feb 08

I am using print scrren to copy part of a map from one program into either powerpoint or paint shop pro 8. However, if I paste the image into powerpoint the image resolution is 96 pixels per inch,if I paste it into paint shop pro 8 it is 72 pixels per inch. Is there any way to improve this resolution so that I can get a better printed image.

Thanks

Desert Andy 09:25 26 Feb 08

any ideas

interzone55 09:50 26 Feb 08

When you open a new blank image in PSP8 you can set the dpi for the image along with the resolution.

interzone55 10:01 26 Feb 08

Don't confuse screen & printer dpi, they're different beasts entirely.

For instance, my printer has a maximum resolution of 5760dpi, but my 17" laptop screen is only 1440 pixels across, this works out at 96dpi (the actual screen is 15" wide - 17" diagonal)

Desert Andy 12:54 26 Feb 08

Thank you. I am using this software on my laptop, so maybe this is the reason I only get 95dpi. Does this mean that if I use my main computer with a much better screen resolution, I should get a much better screen capture?

eedcam 13:49 26 Feb 08

To get a better printed image if you increase the resolution the print size will be reduced .ie a 6x4 imgage at 72 would print that size if you doubled the res you'd print a 3x2 image of course if it was a larger image the n no probs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac