Print Screen

AFoxyLady 18:16 08 Nov 05

I have a brand new laptop an HP Pavilion zd8000. In the past whenever I wanted to do a help file and copy screen prints, I would press alt and print screen button, and hey presto, ctrl + v and the active image would appear. On my new laptop, I have a print screen button, which is also anotaed as home, but when I use it on its own, or with the alt button, there is nothing to paste.

I need a simple solution.... Any pointers gratefully received.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:21 08 Nov 05

Try

control + print screen

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:22 08 Nov 05

To make a copy of the active window, press ALT+PRINT SCREEN. To copy the entire screen as it appears on your monitor, press PRINT SCREEN. Right click a word document and select paste. You may wish to consider MW Snap which is free and IMHO much better...... click here

G

AFoxyLady 18:24 08 Nov 05

Nope - control and print screen does nothing, alt and print screen does nothing, and print screen on its own does nothing!! I know it must be something simple, like maybe the keyboard set up, but it is darn frustrating.

Skyver 18:30 08 Nov 05

Do you have multiple legends on each key, or an F-Lock key that enables/disables Function keys?
Another alternative
click here

AFoxyLady 18:39 08 Nov 05

Yes - the keys do have multiple legends. The print screen key is also the home button. End = sys rq, pg up = pause, pg dn = break, and all the F keys also have blue symbols on them for shortcuts. There must be a key to unlock them - but what and where is it!! Computers.... and their owners!

ACOLYTE 18:49 08 Nov 05

Have you tried the Fn key and print screen?

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:26 08 Nov 05

After alt+print screen are you opening a word document and right clicking-paste?

G

AFoxyLady 19:28 08 Nov 05

Thanks for all your help and advice. New computers don't come with manuals - they come with books on a disk, which are not so user friendly. I have sussed it out. There is a fn key and pressing that at the same time gives me the second function. Sorted at last. Many thanks for all offers of help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…