Print Screen

P-300 18:58 11 Mar 04

Can anyone tell me how to enable the 'Print Screen' key on the keyboard to allow me to print anything at any time?

If it makes any difference, I am using 98SE.

Thanks...

Djohn 19:03 11 Mar 04

Press the print screen key then open an application such as paint or word, right click your mouse anywhere on the page and choose paste from the menu. j.

woodchip 19:06 11 Mar 04

also if you have Win98 and a parallel printer you can go into BIOS and just press print screen and it should print the BIOS page you are looking at

byfordr 19:08 11 Mar 04

ctrl-alt-prt scr grabs a screen dump that you can paste using ctrl v

R

Boy Zone 19:10 11 Mar 04

This is the program that I useclick here

Its is so useful and easy.

P-300 19:10 11 Mar 04

Tried as you suggested Djohn, but the Paste option when I right click is greyed out. Is there something else I need to activate first?

rusty 19:10 11 Mar 04

I use Screenrint32v3 from click here
It's also a freedownload and you can also save the sreenprint to disk.

Rusty

Djohn 19:24 11 Mar 04

Yes, you can go to the toolbar of the application you have opened and click on "Edit" then "Paste". j.

P-300 19:37 11 Mar 04

Djohn, unfortunately the Copy and Paste options under Edit area also both greyed out!!

Boy Zone, the application looks good so I tried to capture an email screen shot and print it..... but the paper remained blank. Any idea why?

HeddaLora 19:50 11 Mar 04

Get HyperSnap instead. :D

Hedda Lora

Simsy 20:37 11 Mar 04

but the question is one that had me mystified when I first got into computers...

The thing that need to be understood is that the "print" in the "print screen" button doesn't mean "Print" as in "Printer"... it really means "copy" the screen image to the windows clipboard.

Again I apologise if this is way off mark... it's just that when this was pointed out to me a long time ago things started to make sense!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…