Print queue

Chemteach 20:30 29 Mar 04

I have a printing problem - Windows XP, Epson Color Stylus 660 printer.
I wanted to print only part of a fairly long file but forgot to specify the pages. The printer started to print the lot but I pressed Cancel. That's when the trouble started. The printer started printing gibberish - some of it characters I'd never seen before.
I believe the answer is to display the "print queue" (the files waiting to be printed) and then delete the unwanted ones. Does anyone know how I can display the print queue? I don't!!
Parson.

pcwhizz 20:33 29 Mar 04

look at desktop tray at bottom of screen shud see printer.

right click and open the printer.
right click job and cancel

simple

AndyJ 20:33 29 Mar 04

Either double-click on the icon in the status bar or goto Control Panel / Printers; find the printer icon, right-click and select "Open"

Chemteach 20:51 29 Mar 04

tray - thanks for your suggestion. There is no printer at the bottom of the screen.

AndyJ - Thanks for your suggestion. No icon on the status bar (except fleetingly when I try to "Print". Double click has no effect.
Ctrl Panel, Right click on Printers & Faxes, Select Open - no print queue box.

john-232317 20:57 29 Mar 04

Slect open, then double click on printer icon, this will show print q.

Chemteach 21:08 29 Mar 04

dadyassa - Thanks for reply. What Open?

john-232317 21:30 29 Mar 04

The open you got up to on your post above my post
" andyj "

Chemteach 22:48 29 Mar 04

Success! When i just now switched on the computer again, a ballon message appeared from Tiscali saying that a number of print jobs had failed and to "click here" to see the list!!!
I'm happy now but I don't know how it happened.
Chemteach.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…