Print place cards for a dinner

rawprawn 16:06 30 Oct 07

I am arranging two dinners for about 35 people at each, is it possible to print place cards for each persn?

oldbeefer2 16:14 30 Oct 07

I've never seen place cards, but business cards are available on A4 sheets. Could those be adapted with a bit of ingenuity?

ventanas 16:18 30 Oct 07

You could probably do it with something like Page Plus and some perforated A4 paper such as suggested. Just need to get the spacing right. Tesy on plain paper first.
Anyone I know?

Pamy 16:26 30 Oct 07

Use windows word, envelopes and labels

Diemmess 16:28 30 Oct 07

Word (Office XP) has a lot of help on 'merge' from a 'directory' of names.
But have never tried it!!!

A lot will depend on whether you are using a list of > 35 and doing it fairly regularly. it must be worth the learning curve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The daft way for 25 odd I use is labour intensive but includes menu chosen as well so making sure there's no strife when liking a starter they didn't choose!
I use Corel Draw so the finished card is folded into a free standing V with name on one side and choice on the other.
Set up a page divided into four and type in the name.
Copy from a list of menu choices (off the side of the page) duplicating and moving to final place and then with the menu as a group, rotate that part of the card 180 degrees.

Probably not everyone's cuppa, but you soon develope a swing!

silverous 16:37 30 Oct 07

You could do it in Word, then print onto card and use a guillotine to cut them up?

rawprawn 16:44 30 Oct 07

Thank you for all your replies, I will have a close look and see which I think I can do.I think that Word Envelopes/Labels and some really good A4 might be a good bet.

ventanas.Hi John, not really one is a dinner for my 70th and the other is just a family affair.

rawprawn 16:45 30 Oct 07

What is Page plus?

silverous 16:47 30 Oct 07

If you wish you could also buy some avery card stock of a certain kind and use the word templates provided e.g. here:

click here

ventanas 16:53 30 Oct 07

Hi Dennis

click here

Its a DTP app that's well worth a look.

rawprawn 16:58 30 Oct 07

Thanks John, I will tick this as resolved while I look at all the options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos