print to page size

brettly01 21:48 07 Jan 06

hi
can anyone tell me how i can get certain documents to print to the page size.?
at the moment on certain documents it keeps printing of the sheet (if you know what i mean)

brett

rmcqua 21:55 07 Jan 06

Try looking for a box named "fit to page" in the print settings box that comes up when you hit file>print. Tick it. That should do the trick.

lotvic 21:55 07 Jan 06

? what O/S (XP 98se....) ?
? what printer do you have ?
? what programs do you use ?
? what type of certain documents ?

brettly01 22:00 07 Jan 06

o.k.
O/S - win xp pro
PRINTER - epson c84
PROGRAMS- epsons own that come with the drivers
TYPE OF DOCUMENT- a page/s i saved from a web site

what program do you suggest then.?
does do what i want it to do.?

brett

lotvic 22:19 07 Jan 06

Open the document webpage ( browser Internet Explorer or Firefox or whatever you use will open and display the page when you doubleclick on document saved as 'Webpage')

In your Browser:
File > Print Preview > Page Setup and then play with the settings till you have it how you want.

p;3 00:19 08 Jan 06

I"ve been printing some very long stuff off on my hp deskjet840c printer by using the landscape option in the prefences section; and I highlight the parts I want , then select "selection " from my menue; I then only get what I want but on a wide page with all the detail ; you then get all the detail you wish; using the normal portrait style was no good for me ; I developed this method courtesy of a suggestion by Djohn ( thanks !!)and a member on another forum where i have had terrible problems printing off my requirements for my study; the landscape option gives me all the items I need and select:))hope this helps a bit for you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac