Print-out of IE6 settings

John B 07:31 06 Mar 04

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get a print-out of the settings that have been applied to my IE6. I'd like to email them to a friend. I use Win 98SE

Thanks in anticipation.

Diodorus Siculus 07:55 06 Mar 04

Not sure what settings you mean? Can you give more details and it may be possible?

Andsome 08:20 06 Mar 04

If you mean that you want to save a particular window such as your setting in Tools/ accounts/properties/servers, or indeed any other page. Open the page so that you can see it, then click once on the Pint screen button at the top right of the keyboard. Then click Start/programs/Accessories/Paint. When paint opens click Edit/Copy. This will show you the page that you have saved. Click File/Save as, and give it a name and save to My documents. Make sure that you save it as something your friend can open, I suggest JPEG. You can then e-mail the result. I hope that this helps.

Pesala 08:50 06 Mar 04

If you run regedit and search for "AdvancedOptions" you will see that this key contains all the settings that you want to save. It is my guess that if you export this selection as a *.reg file, your friend can click on that file to get the same settings as you.

Always make backup of the registry before making changes. Please await confirmation from an expert, unless you and your friend enjoy taking risks.

John B 09:20 06 Mar 04

Thanks for the responses. What I should like to do is have a list with all of the option settings that can be altered in the IE properties window. For example, under connections, there is a whole range of choices such as to enable software compression or not, or which allowed network protocol to use. So I imagined it might be useful to have a list of these choices and wondered whether the computer could do it for me rather than copying them manually.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…