Print list of Firefox Bookmarks

Onizuka 16:04 21 Feb 08

I have created dozens and dozens of Bookmarks in Firefox and would like to be able to print them as a list (under their headings Name, Location, Description) for ease of sorting, rationalisation and re-naming. However, there seems to be no Print option in Organise Bookmarks. Can anyone tell me if it is possible, please, and if so, how?

Stuartli 16:23 21 Feb 08

From Organise Bookmarks you can Copy and Paste the page or, alternatively, highlight the folder's contents (highlight first line>Shift>highlight last line>Shift>right click>Copy).

If you use Sorted by Name first before copying, they will be in alphabetical order.

Stuartli 16:25 21 Feb 08

Obviously you should Paste the copied list into Word or similar word processor.

Onizuka 11:39 22 Feb 08

Stuartli
Thank you for this but, in fact, I had already tried this method and I found that it doesn’t really reproduce the page as it appears on the screen. If you do a simple Copy and Paste of the page, all you get are the names (as in the first column) running together and often without any spaces between them, in blue and underlined (as a Hyperlink), and nothing else. If you do Copy>Paste Special>Unformatted Text, all you get are the full click here addresses – no names and no descriptions.

Onizuka 11:46 22 Feb 08

PS
I didn’t realise when I posted just now that writing just “ht**://ww*” would result in a blue “click here”. I’m hoping that the use of the asterisks will stop it happening again as there is nothing to go to.

octal 12:45 22 Feb 08

Try saving the Bookmarks somewhere then open them in Firefox and just print from there.

octal 12:47 22 Feb 08

By the way, I meant to add that they are saved as HTML so they will open in anything that handles HTML.

hssutton 12:51 22 Feb 08

I just tried the copy/paste method and was very surprised to find what you say is correct, but failing all else hitting the print screen key does work.

I found it better to then paste it into an image editor for cropping prior to printing. Still not the ideal way, but a way forward nevertheless

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5