Print help wnted

Could anyone tell me the weight of paper that is used for passport size photo's.and can printed photo's be used for dive licences and otherapplications that need photo's

pj123 23:13 23 May 05

I use 140gsm Glossy photo paper from Choice Stationery, but they also do 180gsm.

I have not had any problems with printing and using for passports or driving licences. Just remember that both passport and driving licence photo's must now be on a white background. My passport photo is on a blue background, taken about 9 years ago. But for some reason best known to themselves the background now has to be white.

Choice Stationery is: click here

Border Collie 23:14 23 May 05

I recently used Epson Premium Glossy at 255g/m2 for our new passports and they were accepted.

Make sure you follow instructions regarding backgrounds and size of image within the area. You may have a 'jobsworth' dealing with yours.

Technotiger 23:16 23 May 05

Hi, I took and printed my own Passport photos
on 255gm glossy photo paper. Accepted without any problem. I recommend 800dpi. The background must be completely blank (not even any hint of a shadow), preferably white.

More detailed info at click here

and yes they can be used for other things like driving lic etc.

Cheers.

jack 08:36 24 May 05

The Background is critical , but paper GSM is not I suspect - I dont think original prints are used directly are they ,ar'n't they used in another copyimg process?

shellyle 07:30 06 Jun 06

the above combo of cropping with ePassportPhoto.com (link: click here) and then printing with a pro service like photobox.co.uk (link: click here) worked like a charm for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…