print error message

artypants 06:29 AM 26 Jan 13

Hi, my Epson Stylus photo RX620 is telling me that servicable parts are due for service and refer to manual, manual says contact manufacturer, can I fix it? I think it might be because of full (or not) reservoir. Thanks for reading.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:25 AM 26 Jan 13

I think it might be because of full (or not) reservoir.

Yes probably the case - needs emptying and cleaning and resetting reset tool here

Be extremely careful so as to not damage any of the data cables.

Remove the control panel then the scanner assembly.

Disconnect all cables from the circuit board

(you may have to remove the board), and unscrew and lift off the upper housing. They are all held by visible screws and tabs.

Then remove the sheet feed assembly (don't forget the screw on the underside and on the left by the gear assembly.

Remove all screws holding the printer to the lower case (two screws are hidden under the scanner hinges).

Next disconnect the drain tube coming off the pump. Finally remove the printer mechanism.

The waste ink pads are now clearly visible.

Waste ink tube pictures

Its easier just to reroute the waste ink tube to a waste bottle and reset the counter like this

artypants 10:43 AM 26 Jan 13

Wow! thanks for that, you might just have saved my sanity.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED