Print Documents Pending in a Queue

harleyd 14:34 PM 14 Nov 13

Hi All. My trusty Lexmark PRO905 printer (running windows 7) has started developing a problem recently in terms of when I request 2 or 3 prints, 1 or 2 may print OK & then it will indicate that the last print is pending in a queue. I've tried cancelling it - doesn't do anything - the only thing that seems to work is to switch off the PC & re-boot. Obviously that's a pain to say the least. Is there a simple way of clearing a stuck print rather than switching off everytime. It needs to be a solution suitable for an idiot as I'm not too comfortable messing around with computers etc. Any help would be appreciated.

harleyd 07:53 AM 15 Nov 13

Any help would be appreciated?

spuds 12:45 PM 15 Nov 13

You have done the usual remedy of a reboot, and switching off the power to the printer, which might clear a memory problem. So the next move might be a re-install of the printer, using the latest version or updates of the driver.

rdave13 15:12 PM 16 Nov 13

Try stopping the print spooler in services then restarting it. That should clear the queue.

rdave13 15:13 PM 16 Nov 13

This details how, click here,+stop,+or+restart+print+spooler+in+Windows+7

rdave13 15:14 PM 16 Nov 13

This details how, click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…