print cds

MAD_MIKE 23:26 07 Jul 05

USING HP DESKJET 5150,DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO PRINT CDS BY TAKING OF THE REAR PANEL AND PASSING A DISC THROUGH,JUST WONDERING IF SOMEONE HAS AND WHAT HAPPEND? WAS IT SUCSESFUL OR NOT?

Pooke 23:45 07 Jul 05

Using caps is classed as shouting.

click here

According to the specs, no you can't. If you wanna try it you could end up damaging the cd or worse the printer. Hope it helps. Oh I know with Epson's the cd has to be placed in a special tray before being fed through.

Pooke

MAD_MIKE 23:54 07 Jul 05

sorry pooke,not intentional but when you get to my age you aint got the control over the fingers as you used to and that pesky cl key tends to get hit at the wrong times. thanks for the advice it was just a thought,beter to be safe thansorry.

mike

€dstowe 06:34 08 Jul 05

Unless your printer is designed to write of media other than paper/card, it will not do so.

There is little doubt you will wreck something if you try this.

Apart from potential damage, there is no way to align the disk in the printer.

jack 14:11 08 Jul 05

No way with that machine.
Do H.P. do a CD printable one? With their weird paper handling system it would doubt it- check their website.

pj123 14:56 08 Jul 05

Try the Epson R200. I have this printer and it prints direct to CD/DVD. Obviously, you have to buy printable media.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…