Print on card

fifty-and-some 19:42 12 Sep 07

How can I find which printers will cope with card up to 260g please?

Peter 20:05 12 Sep 07

I've successfully used glossy card up to and including 300 gsm on my Epson Stylus Photo R800, but I think there are cheaper printers that can cope with this sort of material.

Peter.

holme 20:50 12 Sep 07

It's not a direct method but, if you look for suitable media on the high street - say Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper which is 255g/m2 - then check against the media on the manufacturer's website - e.g. click here - that should give you the sort of detail required. HTH.

holme 21:17 12 Sep 07

BTW, we use Jessops's economical 260gsm ink jet photo paper (very glossy) on our Epson Stylus Photo R220s and the results are splendid. It says Instant Dry and Smudge Resistant on the box and for us, 'it does just what it says on the box'.

The same paper also goes through our HP LaserJet 10xx printers (as single sheets) again without difficulty and gives very classy results on the glossy medium. They come out very hot and curly but, if laid on a flat surface for 20 secs or so, they're perfect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…