PrimeFilm 3600U scanner for Kodachrome slides

colin-1236465 19:02 09 Feb 08

I have a PrimeFilm 3600U slide scanner to digitise my stock of old Kodachrome slides. The software is CyberView X v1.17, which gives a range of presets for positives, none of which is for Kodachrome. None of the presets properly replicates the brightness, contrast or colour balance of the originals, and hours of tinkering with 'colour adjustment' gives only moderate improvement.
Suggestions would be gratefully received, especially if anyone knows a way of an additional preset with the right values built in.
Silchester

laurie53 19:22 09 Feb 08

I've had this problem with Cyberview.

The only solution I've found is to use a dedicated photo editing software programme to correct the scan.

I use Ulead PhotoImpact, but have also used Photoshop Elements

colin-1236465 11:02 10 Feb 08

Thanks for the reply, Laurie53. One thought that comes to mind is whether there might be alternative software for driving the scanner, other than CyberView. (If there is, I'm guessing you haven't found it either, or you would have mentioned it!)

Also a question - if you are going to use an alternative photo-editing package to make adjustments, do you bother at all with 'colour adjustment' in CyberView before doing the scanning? I presume there is likely to be no point in making two separate sets of adjustments, one before scanning, the other after, but I would be grateful for your confirmation.

Many thanks.

laurie53 20:17 10 Feb 08

No. I simply set up my software to use Cyberview as the Twain scanner and the scanned image comes straight up in the editing programme.

Not yet found any alternative to Cyberview which works with Primefilm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…