Primax Colorado USB scanner hope in win.XP?

Bez 21:30 03 May 03

I have bought a new computer with window XP home edition. The Primax scanner is not recognised by XP. Is there anything I can do to make the scanner work or have I got to buy a new one?

bobbyc 21:41 03 May 03

is it a usb or paralell port / do you have drivers /

Visio 21:45 03 May 03

I've had this problem with the 9600usb scanner! Just go to the site....click here and look for drivers for XP. They do work but I found it difficult to set up.

Simon_P 21:48 03 May 03

try this site

click here

I dont think that primax make xp drivers for your scanner. but can get them fron above site.

You may have to regester but it is free, I know they will work as I used this site for a friend of mine.

Hope you find it helpfull

Bez 22:24 03 May 03

The primax website is down at the moment.
I downloaded the windows 2000 driver the other day, but what do I do now? I have the colorado 9600 installatin cd but it is not recognised by the set up program

Bez 22:29 03 May 03

Thank you bobbyc, Visio and Simon 7063 for your help.I have downloaded both drivers suggested, but what is the next step. Sorry to be dimm.

Simon_P 00:39 04 May 03

If you have downloaded the right XP driver, double click on the file that you downloaded and it should auto extract.

Before you do this make a restore point!

Start menu/all programs/accessorys/system tools/system restore.

Make sure that scaner is pluged in and powered

after instalation you may have to re boot. this is when your scanner should spring in to life!
with a buzz.

Good luck.

Bez 16:08 04 May 03

Hi there, Bob,

Thank you for your interest.
I got the hardware new hardware bubble and the "Found New Hardware Wizard".
After going along with the Wizard, I reeceived the messsage, "The software
you are installing for this hardware Colorado USB has not passed Windows
Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP." And after
that,"Cannot install this hardware Colorado...... An error occurred during
the installation of the device. The third-party INF does not contain digital
sign information."

Then came the advice to stop the installation which might do harm to the
system. This I did.

Any suggestion as to how to proceed? (This installation was done with the
original installation CD)

Bez

bobbyc 18:22 04 May 03

have you downloded the drivers for xp ?click here if you have then follow instructions of simon7063 above.
then your scanner might burst into life

wotan 21:28 04 May 03

Hi bez,
Do not worry about the warning about the program not being digitally signed, over ride the warning and carry on with the installation, I had same problem but thanks to the advice from this site and its members I am now using my scanner with no problems, it has not affected any other parts of my system.As has been said by the other postings, download the Win2000 driver, open it and your system should set the scanner up with no problems.
Good luck Wotan.

Simon_P 23:57 04 May 03

As long as you create a restore point first, just incase something goes wrong.
It is ok to go ahead.

Bobbyc gave you the same link that I did. This driver works fine, I tried it on my PC before I gave it to my friend, as mentioned above.

Follow the instructions that I posted and all should be ok, and you will be scanning very soon

Simon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…