Primax Colorado scanner usb 9600

Dopey74 10:09 06 Jun 05

I am looking for informatiion as to how I can get my Primax scanner to work on XP Professional, the scanner came with my Tiny computer but the motherboard went and I had to get a new computer and it came with XP Professional, but when I tried to connect my scanner it only registers as a cammera and I want to know if I need a new scanner or is there some software I can obtain to fix the problem.
Thanks in advance Jubby

pj123 10:28 06 Jun 05

You could try downloading another driver from the 4 that are listed on Driverguide.

click here

If you are asked for a login ID it is "drivers" and the password is "all" without the quotes.

Meshuga 19:59 06 Jun 05

As far as I know Primax is now part of Visioneer.If you go to Visioneer web site you may find something on there. I have the same scanner and have never got it to work on xp. I had the same problem with a Canon scanner. Bought a Xerox scanner (made by Visioneer for Xerox) and have had no trouble. Scanners are so cheap that not worth the hassle of trying to get the others to work.

Totally-braindead 20:20 06 Jun 05

This has been asked before about this particular scanner and the person who asked never got it to work but good luck anyway. My scanner didn't work on XP either, managed to get it to work using a Windows 2000 driver, XP came up with the usual warning but since the scanner works and causes no problems I've just been able to ignore it.

Dopey74 09:46 07 Jun 05

Thank you all for your assistance, I took the easy option, after trying your suggestions (without success I might add), and bought a new scanner. Again thank you all

Jubby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…