Primax Colorado 19200 Scanner.

Daibus 18:49 07 Mar 03

Does anyone have any info on the Primax 19200 scanner's compatibility with XP home.

A friend has offered me one as a gift, but on the Primax sight the instalation for XP looks rather complicated and they say that there is no guarantee that it will instal succesfully.

Therefore I don't really want to start if there are complications or even if it affects the running of my computer, but as a gift it would be great if it was compatable.

Any thoughts.

TimC 15:35 10 Mar 03

I too have one of these given to me recently, and have now downloaded the drivers to try the installation - hopefully tonight - I'll let you know how it goes!?

Daibus 17:25 10 Mar 03

TimC

Thank you for your reply and it is indeed a coincidence.

Looking foreward to see if all went well and it would also be good to know the actual site that you used for the download.

With thanks.

struggle8 17:37 10 Mar 03

your have to uinzip drivers and put then in a folder cos the installer wont install then under xp then install in device manager

TimC 09:21 11 Mar 03

Sorry to report that the scanner could not be detected, so having done a part install, I had to give up - I then put the scanner on a Win 2000 laptop, and a Win 98 machine and still it couldn't be found, so now I know why I was given it! (I got the drivers from the primax site, and followed these instructions: click here). Good luck!

Luckily for me, it renewed my determination to get my old Mustek scanner to work properly in XP, and I did!

What may be relevant, is that both installations under XP require you to install the drivers before you connect the hardware - sorry to not be of more help.

Daibus 17:28 14 Mar 03

Anymore advice and help on downloading an XP driver for this machine.

With thanks.

Mr Crispy 22:44 14 Mar 03

try this click here login with the name'drivers' and the password 'all'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…