Primax Colorado 19200 Scanner.

Daibus 18:49 07 Mar 03

Does anyone have any info on the Primax 19200 scanner's compatibility with XP home.

A friend has offered me one as a gift, but on the Primax sight the instalation for XP looks rather complicated and they say that there is no guarantee that it will instal succesfully.

Therefore I don't really want to start if there are complications or even if it affects the running of my computer, but as a gift it would be great if it was compatable.

Any thoughts.

TimC 15:35 10 Mar 03

I too have one of these given to me recently, and have now downloaded the drivers to try the installation - hopefully tonight - I'll let you know how it goes!?

Daibus 17:25 10 Mar 03

TimC

Thank you for your reply and it is indeed a coincidence.

Looking foreward to see if all went well and it would also be good to know the actual site that you used for the download.

With thanks.

struggle8 17:37 10 Mar 03

your have to uinzip drivers and put then in a folder cos the installer wont install then under xp then install in device manager

TimC 09:21 11 Mar 03

Sorry to report that the scanner could not be detected, so having done a part install, I had to give up - I then put the scanner on a Win 2000 laptop, and a Win 98 machine and still it couldn't be found, so now I know why I was given it! (I got the drivers from the primax site, and followed these instructions: click here). Good luck!

Luckily for me, it renewed my determination to get my old Mustek scanner to work properly in XP, and I did!

What may be relevant, is that both installations under XP require you to install the drivers before you connect the hardware - sorry to not be of more help.

Daibus 17:28 14 Mar 03

Anymore advice and help on downloading an XP driver for this machine.

With thanks.

Mr Crispy 22:44 14 Mar 03

try this click here login with the name'drivers' and the password 'all'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…