Primary Partitions

funzy 13:10 25 Jun 03

Can Win ME have more than 1 primary Partition?
... Using Partiotion MAgic

leo49 13:17 25 Jun 03

You seem to be a little confused. A HDD can have up to 4 Primary Partitions[one of which will then contain the extended and logical partitions.

I suggest you read and thoroughly digest the PM manual before experimenting.

Lone Crow 13:38 25 Jun 03

As leo49 has said, you can have several partitions but if you want them to be bootable you'll have to restrict their sizes. There is a limit to the bootable area on a hard drive and if you create a primary partition beyond the boot limit PMagic will give you a warning that it may not be bootable. Having said that, I have one that gets this warning but still boots fine becuase it's boundary is just under the boot area limit, so allow for a little over-caution on behalf of the software! As leo49 said, you really should bone up on the manual and try to get an overview of what's what - and DO make the PM back-up disks (and BootMagic too if using that) or you may end up with an unbootable PC if all goes pear-shaped! LC.

woodchip 13:52 25 Jun 03

And to add, Get Drive Image Make an Image of your OS drive and then you can play to your harts content

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…