Primary Master Primary Slave HD?

Ex plorer 17:42 14 Jun 06

Hi I have an old PC that I have just finished building from bits; the MOBO in CMOS shows two sets of drives, Primary Master Primary Slave, and Secondary Master and Secondary Slave the HD shows that its in the Secondary Master set as user. All other drives are set AUTO.
The HD I have put in is an IDE.
The boot up sequence is A, C SCSI.
Should I now buy a SCSI HD or can I make any adjustments in anyway.

Ex

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:49 14 Jun 06

Swap the drive to the primary IDE channel (other socket on the motherboard) and set all drives to Auto in the BIOS.

The drive will now be the C drive

Set Bios to Boot a, CDrom, C.

reboot the PC it will look for an op system first from the floppy then the CD and finally the hard drive. This will allow you to boot from a floppy to set CD drivers (as per windows98 install), or boot from a bootable CD (as per Xp install).

Ex plorer 19:15 14 Jun 06

Hi there is no a,cd,c. strang as it may seem.
All combinations you want with SCSI.
The neares is cd c, a.
It may be that the MOBO came from a Server as I dont know the orign of it its only 350MHz.
I set the above and swaped primary IDE channel and its booted fine up into Win 98 thats on the old drive.
I will change this to an original set of Win95 Flopys I have.
I will have to boot it with a, c SCSI as this is the only option with a,first.
Thanks for your help.
Ex

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…