Price difference on blank DVD's

matthew-293741 15:43 29 Jul 04

Just a quick question!

When looking for DVD media (DVD+R/RW) is it sensible to go for a named brand that is more expensive than say Infiniti, i mean i can buy 25 Infiniti DVD+R's for about £8!!...where as if i go for verbatim...the same would just about double.triple...will i see a difference in quality...will i make more coasters or are most DVD's made in a massive factory and shipped under different labels?

any views would be recommended!

christmascracker 16:19 29 Jul 04

I allways use Imation for both CD & DVD discs.

That was from a reccomendation on here that I started to use them. Used to use Phillips cdr's but had a few problems with them, so started using Imation.

When I bought this PC (my firstwith a dvd rewriter) I just carried on with them. Not the cheepest but never had a dud one yet (you watch, I'll get one now). I usually get them from Argos, 25 for £24.99.

€dstowe 16:23 29 Jul 04

We use Ritek printable DVDs from Blankdiscshop. We've burned hundreds of them

The only coasters we've are have been due to our own fault.

click here

pj123 16:45 29 Jul 04

I am using Infiniti DVDs (from Ebuyer) and I haven't had any coasters yet. Have also just bought some Datawrite Red DVDs, (from local shop)no problems there either. So, I would say get the cheapest you can. Also works for CDs as well, I use unbranded CDs and not had any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…