Prevx SafeOnline

Bald Eagle 17:03 24 Sep 10

When my wife went online to do some banking and yes it was the genuine site she was encouraged to download this program Prevx SafeOnline to give better protection against passwords etc being hijacked. Made a restore point and downloaded and ran the program and it beggared up my emails. Firstly even though I hadn't signed off my email account I had to re enter my username and password. My emails came up and then after 10 seconds the program shut down! I was then asked to sign in again but this time it said my password was invalid!

I've removed the program and cleared out all the rubbish it left behind using Ashampoo and CCleaner. Email now works, however I've changed all my banking passwords and email accounts passwords.

Does anyone know about this program or had similar problems with it?

Bald Eagle 17:08 24 Sep 10

Sorry forgot to say running Vista 64 bit.

Nontek 17:20 24 Sep 10

PrevX and Prervx SafeOnline are genuine security programs.

I have used PrevX in that past but the SafeOnline version is fairly new.

Nontek 17:20 24 Sep 10

Prervx - should be Prevx .......

rawprawn 17:29 24 Sep 10

I also have used Prevx in the past, but not the online version. I am posting because one of my banks encourages "Rapport". I downloaded that and it messed up my computer (My friend was the same)
I suspect there are some basic conflicts, and there is really no need for any extra "Security" if you already have a good security system (Free or Paid for) on your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…