Prevx anti malware causes freeze ups ?

musicbassman 20:22 26 Apr 06

I picked up the internetoloper malware a few days ago and was advised to install the Prevx program to get rid of it. (I already have Avast but that hadn't found it, but Zone Alarm had picked it up)
So I installed Prevx and the first scan found and quarantined this malware (and voblaizdupla malware also) but since then my computer has frozen/crashed 3 times in 2 days which I have never experienced before - I have an Evesham Axis only about 18 months old and always problem free.
Anyone else experienced problems with Prevx?

musicbassman 19:25 27 Apr 06

Has nobody used Prevx?

skidzy 20:16 27 Apr 06

Have you tried removing Prevx from your startup menu this assuming its in your startup programs.

If prevx is running in realtime,it may well be conflicting with one of your other programs.

After looking at the Prevx database it seems that internetoloper malware is the latest definition and maybe not totally cleaned from your system.

Try this also,it may help...dont forget to update the program before running click here

Also try
Spybot search and Destroy
Adaware
Both can be found click here

SB23 21:17 27 Apr 06

I had Prevx in addition to what I already had running last year. Although very good, I too found that it was locking up my system. I couldn't find an answer, so I got rid of it. System recovered straight away. Shame, because it said that it would work with all but a few programs.

musicbassman 21:58 27 Apr 06

Skidzy - I already have Adaware installed, it never noticed these malwares.
SB23 - I have now uninstalled Prevx and system is back to normal. So it seems that Prevx is a good program for weeding out malware, but risks making your system very unstable.
Those Prevx guys have some work to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…