previous password won't delete

palinka 20:02 09 Jan 05

A colleague and I have passwords to access part of a website. Something has gone wrong with his. he can still access it by typing his password into my computer (or any other), but as soon as he clicks his mouse in the password box on his own pc a row of dots appears (in the way that a password is shown)and cannot be removed. So he can't enter his password.
What could he have done to cause this? And is there a setting he can change to make the dots disappear so that he can enter his password?

Technotiger 20:07 09 Jan 05

Hi, you don't say what OS he has, but if he has System Restore on his pc could he not give that a try, to an earlier date when all was ok?

Cheers.

jorel 20:17 09 Jan 05

palinka, try
click here
and see if it helps any.

palinka 20:34 09 Jan 05

thanks, jorel, I've passed on that suggestion and wait to hear if it does the trick.
Not sure when his problem began, Technotiger, and he had various minor problems recently so I would use that as a last resort; but it's possible as his OS is XP

Eric10 20:44 09 Jan 05

I find that CCleaner click here tends to remove many stored passwords along with all the other rubbish it is designed to remove. It may be worth a try.

palinka 21:03 09 Jan 05

thanks for that one, Eric10. jorel's suggestion seems to have done the trick this time; but maybe tomorrow it will go pear-shaped again and if so I'll suggest the ccleaner route.

Androcles 21:05 09 Jan 05

Same problem on a friends computer palinka,turned out to be a corrupted version of Internet explorer.
Hope this helps.

palinka 09:09 10 Jan 05

thanks, Androcles; i'll pass that on .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…