previous owners name

Kingfisher 10:21 05 Sep 06

How can I remove the previous owners name that appears in the c:\documents\settings\username folder, when I try and rename it a message appears" this is a system folder and cannot be moved or renamed" I can find a reference to it in the registry, but am reluctant to delete in case it deletes all the subfolders associated with the entry, any help would be appreciated
thankyou

rawprawn 10:33 05 Sep 06

start button>>run.
enter regedit in the box and press return.
Press f3.
enter the owner name in the box and press return.
When found, right click on the right view pane where his name appears and
select modify.
Close the registry when done.
Next time you reboot the information will be updated.

rawprawn 10:39 05 Sep 06

Or if you are worried about going into the registry click here Go to Win XP Fixes and download "Change owner organisation name.

If you do use the Registry method Back up first.

Kingfisher 10:51 05 Sep 06

Thanks rawprawn will give it a try

Eric10 11:09 05 Sep 06

The above suggestions will change the Owners Name of the PC but won't rename the folders in Documents and Settings. To do this you will need to create 2 new user accounts, one for yourself and one temporary one to work from, both with Administrator rights. click here for instructions of how to do this and how to copy the data from one account to the other. Read the note in the summary carefully if you have emails and contacts you need to keep. When you have finished you can delete the accounts you no longer want but make sure that you test everything thoroughly before deleting the original user account.

SANTOS7 11:33 05 Sep 06

click here
some ideas here, they may help..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…