previewing mail in Mailwasher??"safe" to do so

end 22:14 12 Dec 04

I have no problem with that, but, am wondering if so doing actually alerts whoever that the e mail address is "active"; reason: i seem to be attracting more spam now ;

I use win 98se and IE but NOT OE as I read my mail off the server; the Mailwasher does a grand job for me, but my previewing the "odd" messages to ensure they ARE for chuck out , am wondering if in so doing I am somehow alerting someone that the address is "active"...how, I have no idea>>>>

I seem to be attracting more lunch-meat than is welcome on my table::(((

VoG II 22:17 12 Dec 04

No it doesn't tell the sender anything unless they have click here

PhiltheFragger 22:36 12 Dec 04

When mailwasher cane out, it was all the rage to bounce the spam back to the sender,

This had 2 problems

First, it clogged up the super highway with more crud.

secondly, the senders could tell it was a mailwasher based return message, so they knew that they had a valid Email address, these get passed on and result in even more crud.

The Rule is turn off bouncing on mailwasher

Just delete & blacklist

end 22:39 12 Dec 04

oh joy oh joy

probably just my luck that that is exactly what they have got;
I think I too need to use Easterners "Notice to Spammers", judging by the suggestive items I am expected to try::)))

end 22:43 12 Dec 04

and since when can they tell that it IS a mailwasher returned item?
and, yes, I confess I do bounce mail

OK folks , dont all have a go at once; one at a time if you please ; I"ll get my boxing gloves on ready and my hard hat::(((

VoG II 22:46 12 Dec 04

Delete, don't bounce. There have been many discussions about this here.

end 19:50 20 Dec 04

doing the F.E. "s "ticking off":)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…