Previewing images in folders

geoff47 12:06 01 Nov 05

I used to have the ability to preview an image when looking for a suitable one in My Pictures folder.It would open in the left hand space of the page.

I have tried to find out how to return to this with no success,I am using win98 and the folders set to View as a web page if this makes any difference.

Many thanks

ACOLYTE 12:35 01 Nov 05

Its been a while since i used 98 so imnot sure about where the settings are anymore,but it would seem you need thumbnail view enabled.
Or click here should give you the preview option.

geoff47 13:00 01 Nov 05

I am wondering if the thumbnail view is within the folder options or in the Image program?
I cannot find it in either....sure its simple to alter when you know where to look.

Batch 14:02 01 Nov 05

In Windows Explorer, on the View menu, click Thumbnails

geoff47 23:41 01 Nov 05

I dont seem to have that option....Am I missing something...dont I always?

Splork 23:49 01 Nov 05

You need to back up so the folder is shown in Explorer then right click and select `Enable thumbnail view` if I recall.

Splork 23:49 01 Nov 05

I mean the folder itself, not the files in the folder.

geoff47 00:08 02 Nov 05

I have right clicked on the folder,properties,then Enable Thumbnail view.

But still cant see the thumbnails even after a reboot.
What am I missing?

beeuuem 01:33 02 Nov 05

You could try the fix from click here

Right click on the link "For 9x Systems: fixpix.vbs for 9x Systems." and "save as" in a location where you can find it.

beeuuem 01:37 02 Nov 05

Ooops the above "click here" takes you to the wrong page. Trying again click here

geoff47 02:07 02 Nov 05

beeuuem......
you are a genious.
I dont know what I did but it worked.

This is evidence of the total lack of understanding that I have for what is happening as I merrily click away on this PC........I am astounded.

Downloaded as directed,double clicked got a message similar to "Thumbnails have been fixed" and that was it..............well impressed.
Many many many thanks......I shall tick this fixed.

Can I give you any advice about getting your links right first time?

Only joking of course......
Geoff47

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch