Previewing email

Survey Surfer 16:01 23 Aug 04

Is there away of previewing email without using a POP email client?
Is there a provider that supplies this with web based email?

Regards,
Jezzy

Carafaraday 17:06 23 Aug 04

This is probably not what you want but if you go to view/layout you can turn off the pre-view pane - this means you can see messages and delete them without opening them.

Dannyb 17:12 23 Aug 04

You could always try "mailwasher"

johnsims 17:24 23 Aug 04

Agree with dannyb, Mailwasher click here is brilliant. You can view your email with no danger as it is in fact still on the mail server. Used it all the time til I went on broadband, used to get shed loads of SPAM and it was a real godsend (mailwasher that is).

Survey Surfer 11:33 24 Aug 04

With outlook express etc, using pop3, you can preview your emails before opening them.
Does anyone know if a provider allows this with web-based email?
Do you use imap with outlook express?

Regards,
Jezzy

end 11:51 24 Aug 04

my main one is web based and I now use Mailwasher ,courtesy of another forum member"s suggestion and guidance:)

Belatucadrus 14:19 24 Aug 04
  Survey Surfer 10:26 26 Aug 04

Belatucadrus
Tried both the links but they don't seem to have preview panes in these email providers pages.

End
Can you or anybody help me with this?
I keep getting a 407 error?

Regards Jezzy

mbp 10:49 26 Aug 04

So easy to use.You can select you Address Book as Friends, and it will let all of them through, but others will automatically have a delete tick against them. Process your mail and the deleted items will not be downloaded to you computer. It's Great. You can tick the mail as Friend,delete, bounce, etc.

However, if a new contact is not yet listed in your Address Book and you hastily click Process Mail to your Default In Box, the mail is deleted. But in MailwasherPro, you can easily restore accidentally deleted emails with just a few clicks. For more details either ask Mailwasher Help or ask here.

Belatucadrus 12:17 26 Aug 04

Both links are to web based mail systems and unlike POP3 mail do not download to your computer, as such they are definitively 'preview'. The wanadoo link also permits you to read Freeserve and Wanadoo mail as web mail from any PC.

techpro 15:21 26 Aug 04

Try MailReader click here. It's a generic web mail client that can be used to read mail on any POP3 mail server.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…