Preview Word Templates

angmac 09:17 07 Dec 04

Calling on Word Experts

How to make the PREVIEW option work on templates in the 'file new' dropdown box?

At present ‘file new’ displays a selection of templates most of which I have created for personal use, (different letter headings etc) but in the right hand side of the box is a frame which always contains the message 'preview not available’.

A preview would be extremely helpful but I have searched high and low for the switch to enable the option on a template but with no success

Diemmess 09:51 07 Dec 04

May not be your answer but.

If I "open document" and select templates > view preview, then I too see "preview not available."

However the highlighted one shows the default $normal template as open. If I then click on one of the others there is a preview immediately available.

Obviously the window is blank if there are no characters as part of that template, but where there is say a letter heading, it shows!

angmac 17:44 07 Dec 04

Your set up seems to do exactly what I require, Clearly there is a switch for 'show preview' somewhere but I can't find it !!

fitshase 17:50 07 Dec 04

It's all in the properties.

If you open your template, click on File\Properties and then under the Summary tab, click on "Save Preview Picture".

Save the template and that should work.

Diemmess 19:59 07 Dec 04

I'm using Word 2000 and to show what you want |I have to open the templates folder or documents for that matter.

Then look at the top row in this window, the last icon before tools and to the right of this is a tiny downward pointing arrow.

click on the arrow and I expect the last option is preview !

Better luck this time.

angmac 20:30 07 Dec 04

Many thanks Fitshase
I knew it was there somewhere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…